Monday, March 13, 2006

Movies

L and I have been going on what, for us, is quite the movie marathon. It started with Hero, which I thought would be just escapist fun for me. But L, who has generally put the kibosh on Asian martial arts movies, actually loved it, too. Then, last weekend: we rented My Neighbor Totoro and Tampopo, the latter a movie we both fondly remembered but hadn't seen in a long time. In addition, we actually went to two movies in theaters. We finally saw Syriana and, again to my surprise, L liked it a lot. (I want to see it again on video.) Then, at a friend's invitation, we went to see Street Fight at the Roxie. Again L liked it. And we got to go to the Mission, an area we make it out to all too infrequently considering how much we like it and how accessible it is.

1 comment:

pahoehoe said...

L commented to me recently,"Boy, whoever that 'L' is, she sounds like a real bitch!" :)