Thursday, March 09, 2006

Iraq as VietNam

Okay, so this is lazy blogging. I'm simply linking to an article by Lt. Gen. William E. Odom titled Iraq Through the Prism of VietNam, with no extra commentary from me. I'm doing this just because I think it's the kind of analysis and perspective which should be read more widely. However, I can't think of anyone in particular to whom I could usefully forward the link: anyone who'd care would probably already believe stuff like this and anyone who wouldn't care, well, probably still wouldn't. Posting it just allows me to vent a little bit of the frustration I felt pre-April, 2003, when I was reading pieces making similar points and was unable to change anyone's mind. Thanks. (Link to this article via Josh Marshall's blog, although unfortunately I have to count Josh as one of those who didn't see such things at the time.)

No comments: